What is powdercoating?
Powder coating is a type of coating that is applied as a free-flowing dry powder. Unlike wet paint which is an evaporating solvent and is applied via a spray gun, powder coating is applied electrostatically and then cured under heat. It creates a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint. Powder coating is used to coat a variety of metals such as alloy wheels, bike/motorbike frames and parts, household items and appliances, the list is endless…
1. Parts are chemically stripped to remove old paint
2. They are then neutralised and pressure washed
3. All parts are then sand blasted to remove corrosion and to clean the metal
4. They are hung in the oven to pre heat
5. Once up to temperature, powder is applied to the part with a colour of your choice
6. Back in the oven to bake for a set time
7. Let it cool and job done!!